Monday, December 28, 2009

Lindsey's Trip Over

While Pratt's trek to Australia sounds like sunshine and rainbows, mine did not start out quite as well. I began my journey in Orlando, which as you know, is the place where small children's manners go to die. Especially when you catch them on the way out of Orlando when the Disney World hangover is setting in. Now you are caught up with me as I was boarding my plane to LAX. There were no less than 30 children under the age of five on this flight - no exaggeration. And when we got onto the jetway, it looked like Babies 'R Us as the strollers and car seats began to pile up. Needless to say, it was a LONG five hour flight to LAX. And that was supposed to be the easy leg of my travels...

Important sidenote: upon landing in LAX, I was welcomed by the news that Urban Meyer was resigning as head coach of the Gators. This, in addition to being awake for nearly 20 hours at that point and heading into a 14 hour stretch, was pushing me toward the edge. Luckily, I knew Australia and Pratt would be waiting for me on the other side!

I flew on a 777 to Sydney and have to report that it was quite pleasant. I was in the window seat and by a sheer stroke of luck, the seat next to me was not occupied. This made sleeping on the flight much more comfortable and, I have to admit, I considered snuggling up to the gentleman seated in the aisle seat while I slept. We were perfect strangers, but a part of me was really curious as to how he wold react since he looked like a tough guy. In between contemplating how that cuddling would work out, I slept for about eight hours and watched four movies (The September Issue, Four Christmases, I Love You Man and Funny People). At the end of the day (or was it two days at that point?) it was a fairly painless flight and I ended up n Sydney, about to embark on what I hope will be the trip of a lifetime!


No comments:

Post a Comment